MY THESIS IN 180S
Thank you for your interest in submitting a video about your thesis. Please submit your video via a file transfer link sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Present your BSc, MSc or PhD research in a short (3 Min) video and be present at the IAH World Groundwater Congress even if you cannot come.
- The research can be on any topic related to hydrogeology and groundwater. It is up to you how you want to illustrate it (e.g. by explaining field work, laboratory experiments, simulations, animations, interactions with stakeholders etc).
- The target audience are hydrogeologists and professionals from related fields.
- The jury is made up of people from industry, government and research. The choice of winners is final.
- Entrants automatically accept the terms and conditions of the competition.
- 1st prize: Free conference registration (or equivalent if you cannot make it) and award certificate. The video will be screened at the congress.
- 2nd and 3rd prizes: An award certificate. The videos will be shown during the congress.
- Videos must be submitted by 30 June 2024 via a file transfer link sent to email@example.com.
- Videos must be no longer than 3 minutes.
- Videos must be in English or subtitled in English.
- Format: MP4 with a minimal resolution of 1080p.
- Horizontal rather than vertical framing is preferable for the quality of the video presentation.
- Participants retain ownership of their video; by entering the competition, they authorize its broadcast at the IAH Congress in Davos.
- All persons in the video must give their oral or written consent to the use and distribution of their image.
MY BEST HYDROGEOLOGY IMAGE
Thank you for your interest in submitting an image about hydrogeology. Please submit your image via a file transfer link sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The image competition is open to anyone interested in sharing their work on the theme of “hydrogeology and groundwater”.
- The image may be a photograph or any other type of image directly related to the theme.
- Aesthetics and the relevance of the subject will be the main selection criteria.
- Images must be accompanied by a brief description in English giving the following information
- Where and in what context was the image taken (GPS point if relevant)?
- What does the image represent?
- How does the photo or image illustrate the theme?
- The jury will be made up of professionals from industry, government and research.
- The jury’s decision is final.
- The 6 best images will be printed in A0 format and exhibited during the IAH. You will receive an award certificate.
- Images must be submitted by 30 June 2024 via a file transfer link sent to email@example.com.
- Only 1 image/photo per person may be entered in the competition.
- Minimum quality of 150 dpi for a final format of the photo (without margins) of 84.1 x 118.9 cm.
- Please do not write anything directly on the image. For the sake of consistency, the author’s name will be added by us.
- The author retains all rights to the image. By entering the competition, the author authorizes the exhibition and dissemination of his/her image as part of the IAH Congress in Davos (congress website, congress brochure, in the congress venue).
- The name of the author is always mentioned at the bottom of the image.
- All persons in the image must give their oral or written consent to the use and distribution of their image.